The goals of this project are to identify a restoration project design that will ultimately help:
- Establish hydrologic connectivity between Williams Creek and Salt River;
- Reduce flood and sedimentation risk to private and public infrastructure;
- Improve agricultural land productivity by reducing flooding and sedimentation impacts;
- Improve aquatic and riparian habitat function and value for Salmonids and other dependent species;
- Minimize potential impacts to the Salt River Ecosystem Restoration Project from Williams Creek sediment loading; and
- Initiate a long-term process for adaptively managing the project.